Chinese as a Foreign Language Program, Language Center, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology
Near Train Station
Central, Yunlin County
- Established Date: 2007
- Chinese as a Foreign Language Program, Language Center, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology
- Address:123 University Road, Section 3,Douliou, Yunlin 64002, Taiwan, R.O.C. (DH203 on 2F of Building of Humanities and Applied Science)
- Teachers: Full-time teacher 2 people, Part-time teacher 3 people
- Contact Person: Ya-Ting Wu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 886-5-534-2601 ext. 3271
Foreign students and individuals who are interested in learning Chinese culture and language are all welcome to register for Chinese classes.
Daily life issue consultation: http://clc.yuntech.edu.tw/en/life.html
The Chinese as a Foreign Language Program of Language Center at National Yunlin University of Science and Technology (YunTech) is working to broaden the global vision of students. With the growing worldwide interest in learning Mandarin Chinese, the Language Center actively engages in knowledge exchanges and collaborates with domestic and overseas education institutions by offering Chinese as a Foreign Language courses to international students, permanent residents, and visitors. In addition, Chinese Teacher Training Program is provided for those who are interested in teaching Chinese to foreigners.
Language serves as a key to a foreign culture. The Language Center at YunTech assists international students, permanent residents, and visitors from other countries in gaining knowledge and understanding of the local culture and customs through Chinese language & culture classes. It is expected that the students studying in Chinese classes can then easily get involved in the culture and living environment. Sizes of the classes are varied, from as small as one-on-one tutoring, to as many as dozens of students in one class. Class schedules are altered based on the learning outcomes of the students, which allow them to digest the lessons fully, and eventually to improve their Chinese listening, speaking, reading, and writing abilities.
The following list is the classes offered by the center.
- Intensive Chinese Course (150 hours)
- Regular Chinese Course (36 hours)
- Youth Chinese Summer Camp (10 days)
- Chinese Courses for YunTech’s International Students
- Chinese Teacher Training Program
Our Chinese teachers are experienced, having outstanding performances in the field of teaching Chinese. They mostly passed the Certification Examination for Proficiency in Teaching Chinese as a Second/Foreign Language, which is the prior requirement for being a Chinese teacher in Taiwan.